Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter Hat - Lattice Pattern

First blog of the year.... OR EVER !!

I knit and now I recently crochet. (I am a much better knitter)

I finished a hat that is very fun and interesting.

I picked up a skein of Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash PAINTS without any ideas of what to do with it and I turned it into a winter hat !






















The FREE knitted hat pattern I followed was the Neon Lattice Cap from the Ebook download
Hot Hats that can be found HERE

There was also one correction on their website found HERE


Or for easy access:

Slip all Stitches pwise with yarn held in back

Lattice Pattern
Rnds 3-5: *sl 1, k4, sl 1, rep from * to end


I used the same number of stitches and followed the pattern to a tee.
Because the yarn I was using was thinner than the pattern I repeated the Lattice Pattern (rnds 1-12)  twice before decreasing.

If I would make another one I think I would make the ribbing a bit longer. I like the striped colours.

It was a fun a semi-quick project !






 

No comments:

Post a Comment