Thursday, January 29, 2015

Free Crochet/Knit Toys

My friend had a baby shower last summer and I decided to crochet some toys
for the little bundle of joy.

One toy would not be enough, so I decided on two, which later turned into 4.

I crocheted 3 toy patterns and knit one. They are all FREE.






I began with the knitted fish pattern that can be found HERE
 
I then tried my hand at crocheting a turtle that can be found HERE























The airplane was also a fun project to crochet and can be found HERE
The pattern also includes a truck and a car. ( I have not made them... YET)


I finished by crocheting an elephant (which I think is so adorable) and can be found HERE
There is an extensive picture tutorial on how to crochet it (which I found quite helpful)
The elephant is put together while you crochet. No need for sewing !


Gauge is not so essential for any of these patterns.
I used a soft baby acrylic for the fish and turtle and cotton for the elephant and airplane.
The patterns are pretty straight forward and easy to read.

With a little patience and creativity I would make any one of these toys again !

No comments:

Post a Comment